Monday, August 10, 2009

How it Began...




"Ending on chapter and starting another", "Finishing the high school book and being the college novel", "Simply a new beginning". All these quotes are examples of what I have looked forward to for the past four years of my life. Getting out of the "high school scene" and escaping to adulthood turned from a dream to desire to now a goal in the forefront of my brain!I have always had a passion to do something spectacular with my life, I just never really knew what that was - until my senior year of high school. To be perfectly honest I wasn't exactly "excited" about graduating until about my senior year either. I loved the thought of freedom and adulthood, but leaving everything I had come to know was not exactly filling my stomach with roses, but instead butterflies.But as that graduation day came and went I began to feel at ease with my future plans of attending Darton, and then transferring to Georgia State University in Atlanta. My ULTIMATE DREAM is to one day own my own wedding planning firm (STURNS & CO.)
But to begin with I would love to work at another firm or with an organization such as Girl Talk, which is a non profit that targets middle school girls in helping them get through their "drama defining days."So where do I start on this journey... well 2400 Gillionville Rd. sounds good to me! I filled out all my papers and was accepted to Darton in early April and since then I have spoken with someone at the college probably once a week. WE ARE ALL ON A FIRST NAME BASIS!!! :) Okay not really, but I have tried to stay up to date on everything I need to do and everything that needs to be done. The first big issue I ran across was filling out my HOPE application! HAHA describes the experience so very well! ok no really it was a nightmare! I had called the college several time and could not get a definite date on when my financial aid information was due. So I made a few more calls and finally reached a lady that knew enough to give me a "for sure" answer (which was something that was not easy to come by!!) My next step was then to actually fill out the information with GSFC so I proceeded to fill out the application online - like any other AMERICAN would have done!!! I filled it out and as I press send I notice at the bottom of the screen there is a little warning that states..and I quote,"Any false information will result in 5 years in federal prison and a fine up to $2,500 for participant." So I checked over my information once again - just to be sure!!! I proceeded to press send and when I looked at my e-mailed receipt I noticed that it said I had a bach degree and that I was independent on my taxes. BOTH WHICH ARE """""WRONG""""":) As you can probably guess I began FLIPPING OUT!!! I e-mailed GSFC and called and got it all worked out, but my word! Prison and a fine! It was a scary situation!
scheduled
5:00:00 PM
by laurenstotler
Delete
1 – 1 of 1

No comments:

Post a Comment