Friday, August 14, 2009

The Start of Something NEW!


White or black??

Awake at 6:36, showered by 7:00, dressed and ready by 8:00, and coffee in hand by 8:30; I was finally ready! I woke up earlier than I had expected, but could not make my feet hit the floor for fear that reality would soon take over! IT WAS MY FIRST DAY OF COLLEGE! Every other suspenseful "first day of school" had taken place only to prepare me for the one that would really matter! Encouraging texts came swarming in from the people who loved me most (Fowler, Anna, Mrs. Cathy Lynn, Mrs. Rhonda, Emily, and Michael- just to name a few!) As I pulled onto the college and I felt terrified! I was so nervous; not of my classes at this point, but rather of hitting one of the dodging pedestrian's that were shooting out right and left! Luckily I found a spot near the front of the parking lot (which still meant that I had to walk 1/2 a mile to reach the building!) I waited for my partner in crime, Christina, to arrive and we walked in together.
I thought my first class was English, but much to my dismay it wasn't!!! It was Algebra which meant I had to run to the other building as fast as I could, only to find that I wasn't as late as I thought I would be!! I was met by a room full of girls - none which seemed as excited to be there as I was! I walked in and found an empty seat.... in the VERY front. Yes I could have snagged one in the back but my attention would have most likely been on everything besides the review of the syllabus and WEBTC!!! The next 50 minutes flew by and before I knew it.. class was dismissed! YAY! One down, two to go! I quickly grabbed my things and headed to U.S. History- after grabbing my phone and checking my texts and fb of course!


When I arrived at room 210 I was relieved to find an open seat in the back which my tush quickly claimed!!! I met some people, whose names have escaped me, that were very friendly and before I knew it, I was engrossed in conversation! But the acquaintance was ended by the voice of my second professor, Mr. Latona! A jolly fellow who I believe is going to be an amazing teacher! We looked over the syllabus and then had a time "bonus discussion". He called out dates and if we could tell him what was significant about them, we got an extra credit point. I am not really a history buff, but did however manage to snag July 4 :). After history I walked over to the student center where I met my loverly boyfriend, and some other friends! We then walked inside the student center and "chatted" until English comp. We waited outside the English room for FOREVER, but the time was not spent in vain for we (Anna, Emily and I) met a new friend! :) The new 50 minutes were spent laughing, leaning, and lecturing over the material that would help us get through the next nine weeks of our lives! But soon enough, that class too was concluded all to soon!
So overall I have had an AMAZING first day and I can not wait to go back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment