Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Julie & Julia...

From the Eiffel Tower to the city scape's of Queens, New York, Julia Child and Julie Powell are fearlessly united despite time and space.
If you have seen the movie, then you know that Merril Streep and Amy Adams play impeccable roles as two women that profess their love for cooking through books and blogging! Julie Powell and Julia Child both learn fairly quick that the art of cooking, once obtained, is something that is not easily let go. They take their daily struggles and release their stress with their cooking- somehow together. There is no problem to big or small for the two ladies that a little chicken, salt or BUTTER wouldn't fix!
Some of my favorite quotes from the movie include:
"I was drowning, and she pulled me out of the ocean." - Julie Powell
"What do you love to do?" - Paul Child, "Eat, and I'm so good at it!!" - Julia Child
"Are you home?" - Julie Powell, "Whats for dinner?" - Eric Powell
So all in all, this was ABSOLUTELY the best movie I have seen in forever! You will leave the theatre, or your couch with a warm fuzzy feeling that will entice you to fly into your cozy kitchen and screw up.... I mean mix up any and everything you can get your hands on! It's late for me now so I will have to do my experimenting at a later date, but when I do I will let you know- whoever you are! Instead for now I leave you with this thought...,"Bon appetit, and good night" - Lauren Stotler

No comments:

Post a Comment